SEO is Google’s way of determining which sites deserve to rank highly for each search done by the users that enter into its search engine. SEO is important because it keeps the search results fair while ranking the website. Learning SEO has huge scope because each and every company and business have their own website to enrich the business online. They need good SEO-trained candidates to look after the website and their role is to make their company’s website list above in search on the web. There are many SEO Training Classes in Chennai to learn SEO techniques.
What is SEO?
SEO generally stands for Search Engine Optimization. Search engine optimization is a process of improving your website traffic and search ranking over the internet. This can be achieved by enhancing the website content or adding more similar information to certain pages.
SEO can also refer to different aspects in which it will help you improve the website presence such as social media optimization, online marketing strategies, link building strategies etc online.
For those who are looking for ways to boost their business and need growth, one important aspect that every business or organisation should consider is the use of social media. Social media is one of the most powerful tools that can help the business to grow in the online platform.
There are various reasons that tell why the business crucially needs SEO
- Improving Visibility and Rankings: As mentioned earlier, it is one of the important functionalities of SEO. This helps to make the website start appearing on the first page of search engines which means visitors could easily find the website whenever they search for something the website offers.
- A Long Term Strategy: SEO starts showing its impact on the website within the first year of action being taken and this impact will last for many years.
- To Build Trust and Credibility: It helps to establish a strong foundation for the website with an effective and clean user experience among the visitors and customers who visit the website regularly.
- It Creates A Better Visitor Experience: Generating great content and improving site ranking with the SEO technique on a regular basis improves the usability of a website over the internet.
- Gives The Best ROI: Return on Investment is what every client wants in today’s marketing strategy and SEO has the potential for high-sky marketing of any website on the internet.
The Top Questions that are asked in SEO interview for Freshers
1. What is SEO?
SEO is a process of optimizing a website to enhance its visibility on Search Engine Result Page.
2. What is a Search Engine?
A search engine is an important element used to find out the specific and relevant information on the internet. Example: Google, Bingo, Yahoo, etc.
3.How to make a website search engine friendly?
There are multiple factors that help in making a website search engine friendly. They are keywords, quality content, titles, metadata, etc. A website needs these factors to be viewed on internet as per the rank by a search engine and therefore found by a user quickly upon searching
4. How to measure SEO success?
This depends upon the type of organization that you are interviewing for, as goals will differ for every company. There are several methods to measure key performance indicators and success of SEO.
5. Define the types of SEO?
There are two types of SEO. on page SEO and off page SEO.
6. Define what is Off page SEO?
Off-Page SEO is a process of earning high authority quality backlinks to increase the ranking of websites on the internet.
7. List out the techniques used in Off page SEO?
Major Techniques used that are used in off page SEO are listed below.
- Social Bookmarking
- Blog Post
- Press Release
- Yahoo Answer
- Business Listing
- Guest Blog
8. What is On page SEO?
On Page SEO is defined as a process in which a website is optimized using the on-site update.
9. List out the techniques used in On page SEO?
Major Techniques used in the on page SEO are listed below
- Content Optimization
- Meta Descriptions
- Alt Tags
10. Which SEO tools are your favorite?
You will likely have tools that you are familiar with, and you will need to talk about those. If you don’t yet have much of a tool because you are new to SEO techniques, then check out the multiple webmaster tools Google offers, and also the tools offered by Moz.
11. What is Black Hat SEO?
Black Hat SEO was earlier used in order to get high ranking on the search engine result page by doing spammy work that it is not supposed to do. It was an easy method to rank on the internet previously, but now Google has cleared that and sites still following that process will be penalized for doing it.
12. Can you mention the techniques that are avoided by google in order to get ranking your website over the internet?
The techniques that are used are Keyword Stuffing, Cloaking, Hidden Text, Doorway Pages which are now not recognised by the google.
13. What is Title and Meta Description Length?
Title can be in the length of 55-60 words and Meta Description can be 155-160 words
14. What is Page Rank?
Page Rank is developed by Google’s owners Larry Page and Sergey Brin. The sites have good quality backlinks and internal links that are recognised by Google and treated accordingly. And also previously it was considered between 0 to 10 numbers.
15. State the difference between SEO and SEM?
SEO stands for search engine optimization which includes free website optimization
SEM for Search engine marketing which includes paid marketing also.
16. What is Anchor Text?
Anchor text is the text which is clickable and hyperlinks to a website or in the webpage.
Example – <a href=”https://www.xyz.com”>Anchor Text</a>
17. What is Crawler?
A crawler is also named as Spider and bot. It is a set of a program that comes to a website in order to make a copy of the webpage and store it to its database for avoiding any loss of data.
18. List the crawlers of various search engines?
- Google – Google Bot
- Yahoo – Yahoo Slurp
- Bing – Bin
19. Define Internal Linking?
Linking the website content within the website is known as Internal Linking. It makes a response and refers users to the relevant page, whereas they can get the proper information related to the hyperlink or topic that they have searched.
20. What is Google Sandbox?
Google Sandbox is a filter for new websites that want to rank by its specific keyword phrase over the internet.
There is a list of the most commonly used SEO questions in the interview. It may be MNC or start-up, the interviewer will check whether the candidate is strong in these basic questions. If you are able to answer the questions there is a 90% chance for being selected in that company. If you think that you want to learn more about SEO then join SEO Training Institutes in Chennai and get trained in SEO techniques. Doing Certifications increases the resume value. So join SEO Certification Courses in Chennai and get certified SEO candidates.